Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Musings of a Procrastinating High School Teacher

11:46 a.m. Wednesday
It's raining.
It apparently does that a lot during the summers here in sunny Florida.
I didn't used to pay that much attention to it, as I used to be working.
Now, however, as I have started working less in the summer, I notice how much it actually rains.

I went to the Dr. this morning for my routine annual physical.
Other than the predictable aches and pains of being fourty-mumble, he said I look great, but still need to lose some weight. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

I'm supposed to be writing a test. An End of Course Assessment (EOCA) to be more precise, but I'm procrastinating. (Don't tell my students!) That's why I'm writing this blog instead. I'll make $400 when the test is finished and approved, but it's summer, and even though it's raining, I don't really want to work that hard so I look for some distractions. The test I'm working on now is for a course called Medical Office Technology. I'm the only teacher in the county who teaches it, therefore, no one else is more qualified. I'm obviously also the only one who will be administering it, but I can't share any of the information with my students. How is this going to work?

The dogs are at my feet, Brownie, because she's scared shitless of thunder, and Buddy (the beagle) because he just likes it there.

Need more coffee...

12:11 p.m.
I was going to add more to this, as I continued to procrastinate, then I just decided to show you a picture of the sleeping dogs instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment